Thursday, September 30, 2010

2011 Jaguar XJL

Only some cars are more stylish than a dark green Jaguar XJ sedan. And when you put its smooth silhouette in front of a New England autumn background, you have got an advertiser's dream. You had thought a car that look this good would function flawlessly, particularly if you have just dropped some thousands dollars on it.

When I took delivery of customer Report’s test car, salesman mentioned that I should be sure to take the key with me after parking the car. The standard keyless entry, it seems, keep the car in "standby" mode yet with the engine shut off. To exterminate the standby mode and its drain on the battery, you have to lock the car after leaving it.

When I parked the car in the driveway the other night I forgot to lock it. But I did remember to take the keys with me into house. When I got in the car this morning, a warning light popped on with the message "Battery Low. Start Engine Now"